May is a month when we encourage everyone to rediscover the sheer, simple joys that come from riding bicycles! Bike Month motivates new riders and inspires experienced bicyclists.
This year, I Bike KNX is giving away prizes to winners in each of these categories:
- most social-errand bike trips* logged via Smart Trips
- most social-errand bike trips* recorded via the I Bike KNX app
- longest bike commute via either Smart Trips or the I Bike KNX app
- log at least one bike commute during Bike to Work Week (May 14-20) via Smart Trips or I Bike KNX app (May 14-20) for a chance to win one of two prizes
Only one prize will be awarded per person.
* any trip made by bike that is replacing a car trip – going to the movies, store, friend’s house, work, school, church, Farmers’ Market, etc.
To be eligible for the awards using the I Bike KNX app, enter your email address in the settings (be sure to check if you have upgraded the app or changed phones). To enter via Smart Trips, just join Smart Trips and log each time you ride your bike instead of driving. You can log your trips on the website or app (available for Android and Apple users). All logs must be submitted by June 1.
Prizes include: gift cards to local bike shops, tune-ups, bike lights, and helmets. Thanks to Biketopia, Cycology, Echelon, Fountain City Pedaler, Greenlee’s, Harper’s, and Knoxville Bicycle Company for donating!
Check out all the other things happening during Bike Month: