Smart Trips promotes alternatives to driving alone – easing traffic congestion improves our region’s air quality and quality of life and when you participate, you can improve your health, save money, save the environment, and earn rewards!
Smart Trips is here to help you become a mobile genius. We can help you find alternatives to driving alone, such as carpooling, taking transit, biking, walking and telecommuting. In the event of an unexpected change in your work schedule, we’ve got you covered with an Emergency Ride Home. And to reward you for being so clever, we offer Smart Trips participants great perks in the form of prizes and Commuter Rewards. Enroll in Smart Trips, start logging your commutes, and instantly raise your I.Q.
But don’t just take our word for it! Listen to what our participants have to say:
“This is such a great program. The progress my carpool has made recently is that we added a second hybrid to our group of three cars! Thanks again,” Alan Sims
“Again, thank you. I have been a KAT rider for a year now and would hate to go back to driving and parking downtown.” Pat Thompson
Did you know?
- Transportation is the second largest budget item for most households.
- Most people work one entire day each week to pay for their car.
- According to AAA, the average vehicle commuter spends $10,000 annually to maintain their car.
- Compared with taking a car, a 4-mile bike commute removes 15 pounds of pollution from the air.
- Working just 4 days a week instead of 5, reduces 20% of traffic congestion, pollution and parking problems.
- 50% of air pollution comes from on-the-road vehicles. Other sources include factories, off-road vehicles and natural causes.
- Smart Trips participants reduce more than 1 million vehicle miles from Knoxville area roadways each year.
- Since the program started, more than 3 and half million pounds of CO2 emissions have been reduced.
- Participants have also saved more than $600,000 in fuel costs.